Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Today it begins...

Well not really. That's false advertisement. I went to the gym tonight. My second trip to the gym. It was fun, my Mom and I took an aerobics class....ouch! I stuck it out, though. I walked with my friends at work today, 3/4 mile. Not bad for a fat girl.

I have a lot on my mind this week. I'm kind of behind in my school work, which I don't like. I'm paying out of pocket for these classes, I want to pass them. I'm making slow strides to catch up. I'm just hoping I catch up in time for the final, that's fast approaching. Another thing fast approaching is my vacation. I'm taking my son to Disney World, along with my sister and my nephew. I don't know who is more excited, though, me and my sister or the kids?? I was really worried about going for a few reasons: 1. There is a lot of walking. I didn't think I'd be able to make it one day, let alone the 5 we're planning. 2. I didn't think I'd fit in the rides. I'm still worried about that, to be honest. But I've still got about a month, so, whatever happens, happens. 3. We're driving, it's a 12 hour drive, at least. I was worried about how my body would handle the trip. I'm rocking on working on my fitness, I can handle 12 hours of ass-numbing driving. Suck it up, Sally!

For those who usually read this, you'll notice I'm a little more upbeat today. I'm really, really trying to be more positive. In fact, that's one of my goals this week. Here are my goals for this week: 1. Get up earlier.....Holy mother effing g-d son of a motherless goat c-wording sharting I cannot do that!!!!! No matter what I do, me and that snooze button are having some kind of love affair! I try to set my clock ahead to trick myself but then I end up doing math at 5 in the morning. 2. I'm still working on writing my "I'm grateful for..." and "I love..." lists. I set an alarm on my phone to remind myself to do it every night. I'm getting there, slowly. 3. Go to the gym 3 times a week. Well, I've gone twice this week, just 1 more.... 4. Be more positive. I mentioned this. I'm a pretty negative, crab ass person. I'm going to try and change that.....

I also set a long term goal. I was talking to one of my friends today who says he's inspired by me (I'm putting words in his mouth) and he's decided he wants to be in a 5K. Well, I've set a long term goal that in 1 year I will be in a 5K, either running or walking. I'm going to do it, damnit!! I didn't think I'd ever be able to stop drinking soda, but I'm pretty much over that, so, I can do a 5K.

Hell, I forgot to mention that I won the Biggest Loser challenge at my office!!! I'm still at 358.0, but that's still down 12 pounds!!! I bragged on that all day. I feel pretty damn good about myself....except the body aches from aerobics tonight.

So, if there's anyone out there who has any insight into how to train for a 5K, please tell me I'm heading in the right direction. My end goal is to lose 200 pounds. I can do it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment