Friday, March 22, 2013

Trying something new

Well, I've been steadily working out and eating better for 75 days now.  I'm now 8 weeks soda free.  I've lost 15.6 pounds.  I've had some setbacks, namely, I gained 5 pounds for no reason.  I was working out everyday, sometimes twice a day, and eating healthier foods.  Well, that 5 pounds is gone and I've lost 15.6 pounds.  I feel better and I feel like I look better.  I don't know, maybe, possibly.  Who knows?

As you may or may not know, I live with my parents.  I know, what a loser!  I'm 35 years old and I live with my parents with my 5 year old son.  Pathetic, right?  Well, for me it's not, so fuck off.  I know I wouldn't be able to afford to live on my own.  I don't get child support from my son's father.  Plus, the support from my family (both of my parents, my sister, my nephew, and my grandmother) is amazing.  I mean, for example, my son has had several seizures where we've had to call 911 and he's had to ride to the hospital in an ambulance.  Well, without my family, I don't know how I would've made it through those times.  I panic in emergency situations and I couldn't even talk to the 911 operator.

Anyway, my family lives in a large home.  My son and nephew were sharing a bedroom and I had my own bedroom.  Well, this weekend, my son and I will be moving to the third floor and sharing a bedroom.  It's a huge room, the entire length and width of the house.  I'm really excited about the move because it'll give me a little more privacy (even though I'm sharing a room, but I'll get to that in a minute) and a lot more room.  I'm going to make a clear divider in the room until we get an actual room divider.  I've been obsessing about the room all week.  I've been taking decorations down and moving things around, to get ready.  I don't know why, but I really am excited about this!

Things seem to be on an upswing for me, after a pretty rough winter.  I was really sick for a while just before Thanksgiving, I had bronchitis.  Then my son got sick and was eventually hospitalized.  Then I had several issues with my car that cost a lot of money.  Just not a great winter.  However, now it seems like everything is settling down.  I'm still catching up from the car issues and Christmas and my son's birthday.

On the positive side, my sister and I are taking our sons to Disney World in June!!!  It'll be our second trip in as many years and we're so excited.  We're staying at a Disney resort (a first) and staying for 8 days!!!  We've been obsessively planning for months now, trying to get every detail perfect.  I really don't know who is more excited, me or the kids??

So, back to the reason I brought you here today.  I've decided to start the Couch to 5K (C25K) training program.  http://www.c25k.com/  I'm sure it'll be really slow for me, I'm already planning on repeating the first few weeks.  My end goal is to run in a 5K by October 31.  I don't know how reasonable that is and I'll adjust it, if I need to.  I've NEVER run before.  Ever.  I'm very scared and I know I'll just be doing it at the house first.  Hopefully, I'll be able to start getting out on trails and tracks after that.  I just want to lose weight and be healthy.  I want to dance at my son's wedding, embarrass him at sporting events, hold my grandchildren.  Is that too much to ask?

Here's to a step in the right direction!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment