Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Day One is in the books

CAUTION, ADULT LANGUAGE

Holy fucking shit!  I did Day 1 of the C25K challenge last night.  Okay, so, I knew it wasn't going to be easy.  I had no delusions that I'd head outside and breeze right through the challenge.  However, I wasn't prepared for how hard it actually was.

It starts with a brisk, five minute, warm-up walk.  No problem.  I take brisk walks almost every day.  Feeling pretty good, almost cocky, I did the warm-up.  Then, the voice comes on my iPhone and says "Start running."  Well, okay, I start to jog.  Mother of God!  I couldn't even make it the 60 seconds.  I did ok, I think I got 50-55ish seconds before the was gasping for air.  The bitch finally said "Start walking."  Well, I already was.  This continued for 20 more minutes.  Walk, run, walk, run.....

I wasn't able to run each time that dirty whore told me to.  And, when I did, I wasn't able to run the whole 60 seconds.  I even cursed my co-worker's name because he tried the C25K training last year but stopped because of pain in his foot.  Well, my fucking foot hurt and I swore that I'd rather cut it off then admit to him that I had foot pain.  Damnit!  I was so mad.

Pushing on; run, walk, run, walk....Christ, when is this ever going to stop!!!  Then the bitch says "One minute left."  Woooooo-hooooooo!!  I actually cheered while walking!!  After the minute, she said "You can now start your cool down."  Well, ok, I start slowly walking, making my laps smaller and smaller, thinking I can just head into the house.  Not so fast, fatty-fatty boo-ba-latty.  That cool down is another five minutes!  Will it ever end??????

When I got to the point when I didn't think I could do it anymore, I looked at my phone and saw that I was on my last minute!  My smile slowly returned to my face.  By the time I got back to the front door, that slutbag said, "Congratulations, your work out is complete!"  Praise the lord!!

I went inside and collapsed on the couch.  I didn't think I'd be able to get off the couch and make the walk to the third floor to my bedroom, but I did.  It was painful, I'm not gonna lie, but I did it.  And I'll do it again today!

Let me just list a few accomplishments I'm proud of during this journey:
1.  Lose 10 pounds
2.  Stop drinking soda - Nine weeks now!
3.  Eat healthier - I haven't been able to completely give up junk yet, but I'm on my way.  I don't eat everything in site anymore!
4.  Exercise at least 3 times a week
5.  Stop eating white bread/rice

Next up on my journey:
1.  Add upper body work out to the C25K training next week
2.  Stop eating pasta - OHMYGOD!!!!  This is so hard.  Every time I say I'm going to stop, I have to have one more pasta dish.  Just one more!  Shit, I sound like a drug addict.  Pasta is my kryptonite!

I'm proud of the progress I've made.  The end game is my health and happiness.  I sure hope that by this time next year, I will have either run in my first 5K already or I'll be preparing to run in my first one.  Fingers crossed!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment